Skip to content
Due to weather conditions some DHEC county offices are closed or have delayed openings. Click here to get up-to-date information on DHEC office closings.

Cancellation of Controlled Substance Registration

To cancel a registration, a letter can be faxed to (803) 896-0627, Attention: Renewal Clerk, referencing your South Carolina Controlled Substance Registration number and Federal DEA number, stating that you are requesting to cancel your registration due to whatever the reason may be, e.g., moving out-of-state, retired, no longer practicing your profession, or you no longer possess a valid South Carolina practitioner license.

An expired registration that is canceled by BDC, without any correspondence from the registrant, due to failure to renew said registration by the registrant, cannot be reinstated unless a satisfactory explanation is provided, in writing, and a penalty of $100 is paid.