Hurricane Matthew-Related Updates on Dams
Below is a listing of all of the confirmed dams to date with confirmed severe storm damage following Hurricane
Matthew. These dams have not breached. The table includes links to emergency orders that have been issued as a
result of ongoing statewide assessments of dams. For information on breached dams, click
Records are available in pdf format.
Emergency Order Dams With Severe Storm Damage
* Joe Jeffords Dam was previously under an emergency
order as a result of the October 2015 floods.
* Lake Oakdale Dam was previously under a repair
order as a
result of the October 2015 floods.
What the regulated dam classifications mean:
- High-hazard (C-1) – Failure may cause loss of life or serious damage to infrastructure.
- Significant-hazard (C-2) – Failure will not likely cause loss of life but may damage infrastructure.
- Low-hazard (C-3) – Failure may cause limited property damage.