Offsite Consequences of Accidental Releases - Analysis Parameters
- Toxics: Use the toxic endpoints given in Appendix A of the Risk Management Program regulation.
- Flammables: Flammables: For the worst case, use an overpressure of 1 psi explosion. For the alternative, use a radiant heat/exposure time of 5kw/m2 for 40 seconds.
B) Wind Speed/Atmospheric Stability
- Worst Case: For the worst case, use a wind speed of 1.5 m/s and F atmospheric stability class (nighttime weather conditions).
- Alternative Case: For the alternative, use the typical meteorological conditions at the source.
C) Ambient Temperature/Humidity
- Worst Case: Either the highest maximum daily temperature in the previous three years and average humidity for the site or 25 C and 50% humidity.
- Alternative Case: Typical temperature and humidity for your site.
D) Release Height
- Worst Case: Assume a release height of 0 ft.
- Alternative Case: Release height will be typical of your process you are modeling.
E) Temperature of Released Substance
- Worst Case: Either the highest maximum daily temperature in the previous three years or the process temperature, whichever is higher.
- Alternative Case: Release is at a process or ambient temperature appropriate for the process.