An in-home care provider is a business entity, corporation, or association, whether operated for profit or not for profit, that for compensation directly provides or makes provision for in-home care services through:
- its own employees or agents
- contractual arrangements with independent contractors
- referral of other persons to render in-home care services when the individual making the referral has a financial interest in the delivery of those services by those other persons who would deliver those services.
Regulations and Code of Laws
- Regulation 61-122 Standards for Licensing In-Home Care Providers
- Licensure of In-Home Care Providers Act, Section 44-70-10, et seq.
- Criminal Record Checks of Direct Care Staff, Section 44-7-2910, et seq.