Careers at S.C. DHEC
Work that makes a difference.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) is dedicated to helping people live healthy lives in healthy communities. With more than 3,400 employees in 100 locations statewide, DHEC has a diverse team of employees who are leaders in their fields and share a passion for making a difference.
As the state agency charged with promoting and protecting South Carolina's public health and environment, DHEC has a legacy of attracting and retaining talented individuals who want to build rewarding and successful careers doing work that touches people's lives every day.
The agency hires a wide range of professions such as nurses, physicians, nutritionists, laboratory technicians, administrators, environmental scientists, researchers, program managers, community outreach specialists, customer service representatives, IT and communications professionals and more.
Benefits at a Glance
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and voluntary insurance benefits
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- State pension and retirement savings programs
- Paid holidays for full-time employees
- Competitive paid time off and sick days
- Health and wellness programs
- Professional development and training
- Office locations across the state
- Work with leaders in health and environmental fields
How to apply
Search for available DHEC careers at jobs.sc.gov