Vaccination providers are fundamental to COVID-19 vaccination plans. This webpage is a key resource for providing South Carolina's vaccination providers with the most current information available.
On October 16, 2020, South Carolina submitted its COVID-19 Vaccination Plan to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The overarching goal of this vaccination plan is the equitable distribution of the vaccine across the state, based on the most current federal guidance and recommendations. Read South Carolina's plan, updated December 7, 2020, by clicking below.
Guidance for COVID-19 Allocation
- Phase 1A Guidance for COVID-19 Allocation
- Letter to Mission Critical Workers
COVID-19 Vaccination Provider Enrollment
To receive and administer the coronavirus vaccine and supplies, providers have to enroll in a federal vaccine distribution program, coordinated through the state's immunization program (unless they are part of a national chain that registered directly with the CDC). The federal government will procure and distribute the vaccine at no cost to enrolled providers.
Enrollment Process Demonstration Videos
- COVID-19 Enrollment Process (Section A)
- COVID-19 Enrollment Process (Section B)
- COVID-19 Enrollment Process (Section B2: Provider List)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Vaccination Providers Enrollment
We will continue to update this information as often as possible to provide the most factual and current information possible for South Carolinians. Click here to view frequently asked questions.
SIMON for Vaccine Providers
South Carolina's Statewide Immunization Online Network (SIMON) launched September 13, 2020 as a new immunization information system that will help the agency and immunization providers ensure access and availability of essential immunizations to help keep South Carolinians healthy. Access SIMON scdhec.gov/SIMON.
Inventory Reporting Requirement for Enrolled COVID-19 Providers
The COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Agreement requires providers to report vaccine supply information as directed by CDC. Locations receiving COVID-19 vaccine should report supply information daily (Mon-Sun) to VaccineFinder using the online COVID Locating Health Provider Portal. Vaccination providers can report manually via the secure COVID Locating Health Provider Portal, or via an automated secure data transfer directly to the COVID Locating Health Platform.
Questions? Please email VAMS@dhec.sc.gov
Additional helpful resources and information:
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Provider Support, Data and Reporting
- VaccineFinder COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Information website (includes video trainings)
- Quick Start Guide for VaccineFinder Provider Setup
- COVID Locating Health Provider Portal Training for Providers
- Quick Start Guide VaccineFinder Inventory Reporting - Log Manually
- Quick Start Guide VaccineFinder Inventory Reporting - File Upload
Vaccine Administration Management Systems (VAMS)
VAMS is a secure, web-based tool built to help SC DHEC, vaccination clinics, organizations/employers, and vaccine recipients manage COVID-19 vaccination efforts during phase 1 (limited vaccine supply). It supports operations and data collection and tracking to meet CDC, Operation Warp Speed (OWS), and South Carolina DHEC COVID-19 vaccination requirements. DHEC’s Phase 1 providers will register their clinic information in VAMS, SC employers and organizations with priority populations (TBD) will register their phase 1 populations in VAMS, and phase 1 populations will schedule vaccination services at phase 1 clinic locations available in VAMS. Activated providers will receive detailed instructions related to VAMS Onboarding in their activation notification email.
- VAMS Clinic Administrator User Manual
- VAMS Clinic Schedule Setup-Quick Reference Guide
- VAMS Employer Coordinator User Manual
- VAMS Clinic: Inventory Manager User Manual
- VAMS Clinic: Healthcare Professional User Manual
- VAMS Clinic: Front Desk User Manual
- VAMS Recipient User Manual
- VAMS End-to-End Demo
- Welcome to VAMS Standard Clinics
- Welcome to VAMS Third Party Clinics
- Clinic Admin Role Demo
- Employer Coordinator Demo
Questions? Please email VAMS@dhec.sc.gov
COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Training and Information Resources
CDC has developed a robust resource portfolio of COVID-19 vaccination resources for vaccine providers. Follow this link to view resources on patient education materials, COVID-19 vaccine training modules, and COVID-19 vaccine storage and handling.
- South Carolina COVID-19 Transport Log
- Pfizer and Moderna Product Information Guide
- CDC Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Guidance and Resources
- CDC Playbook Supplement
- Federal Resources and Information for COVID-19 Vaccine Providers
- Vaccine Safety: VAERS - Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System
- Vaccine Safety: v-safe after vaccination health checker
- VIDEO - Pfizer Product and Vaccine Administration Considerations
- VIDEO - COVID-19 Provider Onboarding 01.05.21
- VIDEO - Regional VAMS Onboarding and Discussion
- Regional Onboarding (PDF)
- VIDEO - COVID-19 Provider Town Hall Q&A 01.06.21
- VIDEO - Regional COVID-19 Discussion and Q&A 1.07.21