If you live on or near the South Carolina coast you need to understand and be prepared for hurricanes. We can't prevent hurricanes, but we can take action to protect ourselves and our families from these storms' dangers.
Actions to Take Before, During and After a Hurricane
Before and During the Storm
- Staying Informed
- Making Your Emergency Supply Kit
- Sheltering Information
- Special Medical/Functional Needs
- Making Plans for Your Family Pets
After the Storm
Private Residential Wells
For information concerning residential wells, before and after the storm, please visit our page on Private Drinking Water Wells.
Hurricane Materials or Publications
- 2018 South Carolina Hurricane Guide (pdf) [Español]
- Hurricane Preparation Tips (pdf) [Español]
- Hurricane Cares and Concerns: A Guide for Shelter Residents, Staying Safe After the Storm (pdf) [Español]