Recycling the second step of the Smart Business Recycling Program after reducing. After your free and confidential site visit and/or waste audit, let us help you design a recycling program that best fits your needs and budget. The following tips can help you get started with a new program or improve an existing recycling or composting program, and find out what materials are recyclable.
Design Your Recycling Program
- Use the Smart Business: A Guide to Waste Reduction & Recycling at Your Business along with assistance from the Smart Business Recycling Program Team.
- Educate and promote.
- Schedule a training session with us to help get your program started on the right track.
Find a Recycler
Finding a recycler may be the toughest part of starting or expanding a recycling program, but we can help.
- Check the Smart Business: Partnerships list to see if your local government is one of our partners and able to help with business recycling.
- The "S.C. Recycling Markets Directory: Connecting Materials to Markets" is designed to help businesses, local governments and others reduce waste, conserve resources and ultimately provide raw material to manufacturers to make recycled-content products. The directory offers a listing of more than 300 recycling companies, organizations and others that make available a variety of services and markets as well as a robust selection of recyclable commodities. The directory is provided in partnership by DHEC’s Office of Solid Waste Reduction and Recycling and the S.C. Department of Commerce.
Recycle the Right Way
- Download the "Dirty Dozen: Office Edition" poster to find out what NOT to put in your recycling.
- Research information on recycling specific material below: