Getting vaccinated is by far the most effective way to protect yourself and others against COVID-19 and its variants. DHEC has developed Educational & Outreach Materials for community use, and additional resources and guidance are available at the links below:
- NEW: FDA Issues Full Approval of Pfizer Vaccine for 16 and Older (Aug. 23, 2021)
- NEW: Third Doses Recommended for Immunocompromised Individuals (Aug. 13, 2021)
- Event Planning FAQs: Information for Event Planners and Individuals (CDC)
- General At-home COVID Testing
- Choosing Safer Activities: Benefits of Being Fully Vaccinated
- Community-Based Organizations COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit
- COVID-19 Vaccine Equity: Best Practices for Community and Faith-Based Organizations
- Guidance for Operating Youth Summer Camps
- CDC COVID-19 Guidance for Shared or Congregate Housing
- CDC Interim Guidance on Preparing Your Household Ready for COVID-19?
- CDC What You Need to Know about COVID-19
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions and Answers on COVID-19
- World Health Organization’s COVID-19 webpage
- CDC COVID-19 & Animals
- CDC Novel Coronavirus Information for Travelers
- CDC Pregnant Women and Children (WIC)
- CDC People at Risk for Serious Illnesses
- CDC Community and Faith Based Organization
COVID-19 Vaccines and Communities of Faith
For many, gathering in person is an important element of worship and fellowship. Getting fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is the safest way to take part in any indoor gatherings, like worship services. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that attending a full-capacity worship service is one of the least safe activities an unvaccinated person can take part in.
DHEC continues to regularly communicate with and provide guidance and information to South Carolina's faith-based communities and organizations so they may make well-informed decisions for protecting the health and well-being of their congregations and communities. Education and outreach materials that can be printed and shared with others are available on DHEC's website here.