DHEC continues to work with federal, state and local partners as it investigates COVID-19 cases in South Carolina. DHEC’s top priority remains protecting the public during this national and state emergency.
DHEC has developed Educational & Outreach Materials for community use. Resources and guidance are available at the links below:
- Visit our SC Cases by County & ZIP Code (COVID-19) page for the recent disease activity by county report.
- NEW - CDC COVID-19 Guidance for Shared or Congregate Housing
- CDC Interim Guidance on Preparing Your Household Ready for COVID-19?
- CDC What You Need to Know about COVID-19
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions and Answers on COVID-19
- World Health Organization’s COVID-19 webpage
- CDC COVID-19 & Animals
- CDC Novel Coronavirus Information for Travelers
- CDC Pregnant Women and Children (WIC)
- CDC People at Risk for Serious Illnesses
- CDC Community and Faith Based Organization
COVID-19 and Communities of Faith
For many, gathering in person is an important element of worship and fellowship. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers guidance for how faith leaders can implement disease prevention methods for reducing the risk of disease spread that can occur in in-person settings. The CDC's Considerations for Communities of Faith are aimed at helping those faith communities decide how best to practice their beliefs while keeping their staff and congregations safe.
DHEC continues to regularly communicate with and provide guidance and information to South Carolina's faith-based communities and organizations so they may make well-informed decisions for protecting the health and well-being of their congregations and communities.