DHEC established the South Carolina Healthcare Alliance for Infection Prevention (SCHAIP) as a multi-disciplinary taskforce to advise on the prevention of healthcare-associated infections. SCHAIP brings state partners together for the purpose of implementing a coordinated, effective approach to performing infection prevention initiatives in South Carolina. SCHAIP subcommittees are formed as needed, such as when training, research, or special projects are identified by the committee.
SCHAIP includes representatives from the following organizations and groups:
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Palmetto Chapter
- The Carolinas Center for Medical Excellence
- Consumers/General Public
- South Carolina Hospital Association
- South Carolina Infectious Diseases Society
- South Carolina Revenue and Fiscal Affairs Office
SCHAIP meetings are normally held the second Thursday of the following months: March, June, September, and December
Contact Us if you are interested in getting involved with SCHAIP.