SC State Tobacco Prevention and Control Program—DHEC Division of Tobacco Prevention and Control (DTPC)
The mission of the Division of Tobacco Prevention and Control (DTPC) is to reduce the burden of tobacco use in South Carolina through policy change and program development.
DTPC accomplishes this mission by coordinating resources, implementing programmatic efforts, and establishing collaborations that:
- Prevent initiation and reduce tobacco use among young people in South Carolina
- Educate and provide access to tobacco cessation resources to help people quit
- Eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke (including ENDS/e-cigarette aerosol)
- Change the social norms and attitudes surrounding tobacco use in South Carolina
- Eliminate tobacco-related health disparities among vulnerable populations
DTPC develops and implements structured program evaluations and conducts tobacco-specific statewide surveillance in accordance with the CDC Office on Smoking and Health Best Practices for Tobacco Prevention and Control guidance.
Trying to quit? Call the S.C. Tobacco Quitline at (800) 784-8669 (800-QUIT-NOW).
Para recibir ayuda de la línea estatal para dejar de fumar: 1-855-DÉJELO-YA (1-855-335-3569)