S.C. Vital Records Data and Statistics
Here are the latest statistics available on S.C. births and deaths.
2015 Infant Mortality
- For more detailed 2015 Infant Mortality data, please go to DHEC's Infant Mortality Module: SC Infant Mortality Interactive Table
- 2015 Infant Mortality: 7.0 infant deaths per 1,000 live births
Leading Causes of Infant Death (2015)
For detailed information see 2015 Infant Mortality Annual Report. (For previous years reports see SC Vital Records Publications and Reports: 1997-2014.)
2015 Birth and Death Data
2015 Death Statistics
For more detailed 2015 Death data, please go to DHEC's SCAN Death Module: SC Deaths 1999-2015 Interactive Table
- Deaths: 47,182
- Male deaths: 24,210
- Female deaths: 22,972
- Death rate: 9.6 per 1,000 population
- Top 10 leading causes of deaths (2015):
- Month with the most deaths: January (4,562)
- Month with the least deaths: September (3,555)
- The oldest person that died: 109 years old
- For detailed information see SC Vital Records Publications and Reports: 1997-2015.
2015 Birth Statistics
- For more detailed 2015 Birth data, please go to DHEC's SCAN Birth Module: SC Births Interactive Table.
- Births: 58,135
- Baby boys: 29,591
- Baby girls: 28,544
- Birth rate: 11.9 births per 1,000 population
- The month with most births: December (5,152)
- The month with least births: February (4,403)
- Births to teen mothers age 10 to 19: 4086
- Teen birth rate: 13.5 per 1,000 females age 10 to 19
- Youngest mother: 12 years old
- Oldest mother: 52 years old
For more information, contact email@example.com.