A birthing center is a facility or other place where human births are planned to occur. This does not include the usual residence of the mother or any facility which is licensed as a hospital or the private practice of a physician who attends the birth.
Regulations and Code of Laws
- Regulation 61-102, Standards for Licensing Birthing Centers for Deliveries by Midwives
- State Certification of Need and Health Facility Licensure Act, Section 44-7-110, et seq.
- Care of the Newly Born, Section 44-37-10, et seq.
- Emerson Rose Act, Section 44-37-70, et seq.
- Birthing Center Licensure Act, Section 44-89-10, et seq.