Residential Treatment Facilities for Children and Adolescents are operated for the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and care of two (2) or more children and/or adolescents in need of mental health treatment which provides:
- An education program, including a program for students with disabilities, that meets all applicable federal and state requirements, as defined by the South Carolina Department of Education (SCDE). The education program may be provided at the facility, if appropriate space is available to provide a free appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment, or an alternate location;
- Recreational facilities with an organized youth development program; and
- Residential treatment for a child or adolescent in need of mental health treatment.
Regulations and Code of Laws
- Regulation 61-103, Residential Treatment Facilities for Children and Adolescents
- Regulation 61-25, Retail Food Establishments
- Criminal Record Checks of Direct Care Staff, Section 44-7-2910