The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) is a state agency whose operations are overseen by the S.C. Board of Health and Environmental Control. The Board is empowered to make, adopt, disseminate and enforce reasonable rules and regulations for the promotion of public health and the reduction, control and prevention of pollution. For a complete description of the Board's legal authority and makeup, please see S.C. Code of Laws, Section 44-1-20.
The Board consists of eight members, one from each congressional district, and a Chairman from the state at large appointed by the Governor, upon the advice and consent of the S.C. Senate. The seven congressional district Board seats have staggered four-year terms.
- Member at Large - Robert Bolchoz
- 1st District - J.B. (Sonny) Kinney, Jr.
- 2nd District- Seema Shrivastava-Patel
- 3rd District - Charles M. Joye II, P.E.
- 4th District - Dr. Robert R. Morgan, Jr.
- 5th District - Rick Lee
- 6th District - Morris E. Brown, III, MD
- 7th District - Jim Creel Jr.
Contacting the Board
Comments or questions
Please email email@example.com or write to the Clerk of the Board at DHEC, 2600 Bull Street, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
Filing a Request for Review (RFR)
If you are filing a Request for Final Review and want to pay your filing fee using a credit card, call 803-898-3460 and choose option 2. If you have questions about the process, see the Guide to Board Review or call 803-898-3309.
Monthly Board Meetings
Meetings are held at 11:00 a.m. on the second Thursday of each month, unless otherwise announced by public notice. The meetings are open to the public and are held in the Board Room of DHEC, Room 3420, 2600 Bull Street, Columbia, S.C. 29201.
2022 Monthly Meetings*
- Wednesday, January 5 (1st Wednesday)
- Thursday, February 10
- Thursday, March 10
- Thursday, April 7 (1st Thursday)
- Thursday, May 5
- Thursday, May 12 (Cancelled)
- Thursday, June 9
- Thursday, July 7 (Cancelled)
- Thursday, August 11
- Thursday, September 8
- Thursday, October 13
- Wednesday, November 10
- Thursday, December 8
*Date, time or location may change if necessary. Public notice will be given.
- Thursday, January 3 (1st Thursday)
- Thursday, February 7 (1st Thursday) - CANCELLED
- Thursday, March 7 (1st Thursday)
- Thursday, April 11 - CANCELLED
- Thursday, May 9
- Thursday, June 13 - CANCELLED
- Thursday, July 11
- Thursday, August 8
- Thursday, September 12
- Thursday, October 10 - CANCELLED
- Thursday, November 7 (1st Thursday)
- Thursday, December 12
- Thursday, January 4 (1st Thursday)
- Thursday, February 8
- Tuesday, March 27
- Thursday, April 12
- Wednesday, May 9 (Wednesday, due to a state holiday on Thursday)
- Thursday, June 7 (1st Thursday)
- Thursday, July 12
- Thursday, August 9
- Thursday, September 13 - (CANCELLED)
- Thursday, September 27 - (NEW)
- Monday, October 1 - (CANCELLED)
- Wednesday, October 3 - (NEW)
- Thursday, October 11- (RESCHEDULED)
- Thursday, October 12
- Thursday, November 8
- Thursday, December 13
- Wednesday, December 19 (CONFERENCE CALL)