Contact Us

The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) is here to help those who live, work, learn or play in the Palmetto State.

Most requested topics

Animal bites

Use our chatbot to learn how to report animal bites or incidents.

Appointments at our health departments or clinics

Make appointments for health services (e.g., family planning, vaccinations, STD/HIV, TB and WIC). Call the Care Line at 855-472-3432 or use the webchat.

Birth, death certificates

See our birth certificates, death certificates and vital records webpages. Call 803-898-3630 to reach staff.

Care Line

Get help to find services offered at our public health departments. Visit our Care Line webpage or call 855-472-3432. Help is available from 8 a.m.- 6 p.m., weekdays, excluding state holidays.


Visit DHEC or CDC websites to learn more. Call the Care Line at 855-472-3432 or use the VIRA chatbot.

Invoice payments

You can pay invoices online.

Monkeypox (MPX)

Visit DHEC or CDC websites to learn more. You may be eligible for a vaccine. To find out if you are and to make an appointment, call the Care Line at 855-472-3432.

Septic tanks

Visit our septic tank webpage to learn more. If you need to know the status of your pending permit application, call 855-731-2504 or send an email.


Visit the SIMON public portal to get your shot records, or contact your local health department or immunization provider. For help accessing your record using the SIMON public portal, click here.

Women, Infants and Children (WIC) services

Visit WIC webpages to learn more. WIC provides nutrition services to eligible pregnant women, infants and children under age 5. To make an appointment, call the Care Line at 855-472-3432 or use the webchat.

Find offices, clinics

Environmental Affairs Regional Offices

Permits and licenses (e.g., food service, air, septic tanks, land and water, construction), rabies investigations, environmental regulatory matters

Public Health Clinics

Appointments for services—family planning, vaccinations (shots), Sexually Transmitted Diseases/HIV, Tuberculosis (TB) tests, or Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

Vital Records Offices

Birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates

Find staff, organizational charts

Journalists must contact Media Relations to schedule interviews, get answers or information. However, the public can use the Staff Directory Search to locate employees by topic, interest, or program.

Organizational charts are available for DHEC and Environmental Affairs.

Report concerns 

Visit our Report It webpage to find guidance on reporting concerns about your health and environment in South Carolina.

Find information, public records

Controlled Substances Information

See our guidance for Controlled Substances. Providers and facilities can submit request, verifications, site inspections and complaints and other additional information.

Employment verification

Contact Human Resources and they will assist you.

Public records, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

Our Freedom of Information (FOI) Office can assist you with copies of public records.

Contact us if you did not find what you need.

Immediate assistance

Call 803-898-DHEC (3432). Staff are available to assist you from 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday-Friday, excluding state holidays.

Non-urgent issues, share feedback

DHEC Constituent Services can help you or pass your feedback along to the right agency staff for consideration.

Submit this form, email us at, give us a call at 803-898-3301, or contact us by mail at DHEC Constituent Services, 2600 Bull Street, Columbia, SC 29201.


DHEC Website Survey