Contact Us

Have a comment or question? We want to hear from you and help.

We review every complaint or reported issue and respond according to our regulatory authority—what regulations, laws or statutes allow us to do.

  • Use our Food Safety Complaint form to submit a food-related complaint about a restaurant, food truck or grocery store.
  • See our guidance for submitting a healthcare facility complaint. These are complaints about facilities such as assisted living, home health, hospice, hospitals, nursing homes, or services like X-ray, tanning, tattoo or body piercing.
  • See our guidance for submitting a privacy complaint if you believe that DHEC has violated the privacy or security of health or other confidential information.

We rely on your help to report issues that may affect the public’s health or our beautiful state.

Issues about abandoned boats, animal bites, asbestos, chemical spills, oil spills, fish kills, dead birds to track WNV, fraud, pollution, or the DHEC website.

Public Records: Our Freedom of Information (FOI) Office can assist you with copies of public records.

Immunization Records:

  • For help with your COVID-19 vaccination record, see our FAQs here.
  • For copies of general immunization records, email or contact your local health department or immunization provider.

Vital Records: Vital Records can assist you with birth, marriage and divorce certificates.

Vital Records Offices
Birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates

Public Health Clinics
Appointments for services – family planning, immunizations (shots), STD/HIV, TB tests or Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

Environmental Affairs Regional Offices
Permits and licenses (food service, air, septic tanks, land and water, construction), rabies investigations, environmental regulatory matters

Staff Directory Search
Search by department.


DHEC Website Survey