DHEC's Children's Rehabilitative Services (CRS) provides financial assistance to families of children under age 18 with one or more of a wide array of chronic illnesses and disabling conditions.
- U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency
- South Carolina residency
- Age under 18 years
- Household income at or below 250% of the federal poverty level (pdf)
- Diagnosed condition covered by the program. (Most congenital defects and many chronic illnesses are covered.)
- Payment for medical services, supplies, equipment, and prescription medications when related to a covered condition
- Comprehensive assessment of child and family needs and development of a care plan that address priorities and concerns
- Information about, and referral to other sources of assistance
- Care coordination when needed.
How to Apply
Contact your nearest regional CSHCN office.
If you have questions about getting services for your child with special needs, please contact us.