Based on recommendations from the CDC and FDA, DHEC has developed tools and resources to assist manufactured food businesses with operating in response to COVID-19. Please click the link above for guidance and tools to help combat this pandemic.
DHEC regulates over 70 wholesale facilities that process and/or distribute butter, cheese, soft drinks, bottled water, frozen dessert, and packaged ice.
- Regulation 61-32 – Soft Drink and Water Bottling Plants
- Regulation 61-36 – Frozen Desserts
- Regulation 61-54 – Wholesale Commercial Ice Manufacturing
Applications & Permit
- Application for Dairy or Manufactured Food Permit – DHEC 1752 - Apply for a permit for a Butter Manufacturing Firm or Distribution Station, Cheese Manufacturing Firm or Distribution Station, Frozen Dessert Manufacturing Firm or Distribution Station, Soft Drink & Water Bottling Firm, or Wholesale Ice Manufacturing Firm, Distribution Station or Storage Warehouse. See a completed sample application.
- Application for Ice Vending Machine Registration – DHEC 1746 - Register your Ice Vending Machine. See a completed sample application.
- Criteria to Import Bottled Water - Regulatory Requirements for importing bottled water products into South Carolina.
Submit a complete and signed application to DHEC by following the instructions at the bottom of the form. Applications with blank fields and/or unsigned are incomplete and cannot be accepted.
Inspection Report Samples
- Frozen Dessert Distribution Station – DHEC 1766a
- Frozen Dessert Manufacturing Firm – DHEC 1766
- Soft Drink & Water Bottling Plant – DHEC 1711
- Wholesale Commercial Ice Firm/Warehouse – DHEC 1714
Guidance Tools & Documents
- Soft Drink & Water Bottling Compliance Assistance Tool
- Wholesale Commercial Ice Compliance Assistance Tool
- Food and Drug Administration
- SC DHEC Food Safety Consumer Complaint System - This system may be used by consumers who believe a S.C. manufactured food product (frozen dessert, bottled soft drink, bottled water & ice) has caused the consumer or a family member to become sick or is in some other way endangering public health and safety or violating food safety laws.
- SC DHEC Dairy Establishments
- SC DHEC Retail Food Establishments
- South Carolina Department of Agriculture
- United States Department of Agriculture