Facilities that Treat Individuals for Psychoactive Substance Abuse or Dependence provide care, treatment or services for psychoactive substance abuse or dependence to two or more persons (not related to the licensee) and their families.
Care is provided based on an individual treatment plan including diagnostic treatment, individual and group counseling, family therapy, vocational and educational development counseling, and referral services in any of the following modalities:
- Residential treatment program;
- Medical detoxification;
- Social detoxification;
- Narcotic treatment program.
Regulations and Code of Laws
- Regulation 61-93, Standards for Licensing Facilities that Treat Individuals for Psychoactive Substance Abuse or Dependence
- State Certification of Need and Health Facility Licensure Act, Section 44-7-110, et seq.
- Methadone, Section 44-53-710, et seq.