A nursing home is a facility with an organized nursing staff to maintain and operate organized facilities and services to accommodate two or more unrelated persons over a period exceeding 24 hours. The facility is operated either in connection with a hospital or as a freestanding facility for the express or implied purpose of providing intermediate or skilled nursing care for persons who are not in need of hospital care.
Regulations and Code of Laws
- Regulation 61-17, Standards For Licensing Nursing Homes
- Regulation 61-25, Retail Food Establishments
- State Certification of Need and Health Facility Licensure Act, Section 44-7-110, et seq.
- Criminal Record Checks of Direct Care Staff, Section 44-7-2910, et seq.
- Alzheimer's Special Care Disclosure Act, Section 44-36-510, et seq.
- Bill of Rights for Residents of Long Term Care Facilities, Section 44-81-10, et seq.
- Omnibus Adult Protection Act, Section 43-35-5, et seq.