Hello Summer: 5 Ways to Have the Healthiest Summer Yet
Summer is officially here! Here are a few tips to kick start the season with your health as a main priority.
• Stay hydrated. Substitute water for sugary beverages.
• Eat a healthy diet. Summer’s ripe fruits and veggies make any meal tasty and healthy.
• If you smoke, quit. Smoking may limit your lung capacity and is a precursor for cancer among other health complications. Need support quitting? Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669).
• Get Active. Take advantage of the warm weather by taking a stroll at the park or ramp up your routine by signing up for a 5K race. Swimming is also a great way to beat the heat and get some exercise.
• Fight the sun with sunscreen. Protect yourself from exposure of sun rays and reduce your risk of sunburn and skin cancer.
• Add insect repellent to your daily routine. Mosquitoes and ticks can carry diseases and spread viruses that can make you sick.
Enjoy the longer days, summer vacations, and backyard barbecues, but always be mindful of your health!