Purpose, Eligibility, and Benefits
The South Carolina Environmental Excellence Program (SCEEP) is a voluntary program for companies committed to continuous environmental improvement in order to protect and preserve South Carolina's environment.
To encourage companies to become environmental leaders by making a voluntary commitment to promote and practice pollution prevention, energy and other resource conservation, and to strive for continuous environmental improvement.
Any South Carolina organization, company or facility committed to reducing its waste streams through pollution prevention activities, and/or through reducing energy or other resource consumption with the goal of improving South Carolina's environment is eligible to participate.
A "facility" is defined to mean any site, manufacturing or natural resource management operation, or any business or municipal activity that is regulated under any provision of the state's environmental laws.
Participation in the Environmental Excellence Program provides the following benefits:
- Public recognition among customers, business associates, the community, and the state's regulatory agencies that your company or facility is committed to environmental leadership
- Participation in and membership on the Environmental Excellence Council which provides networking opportunities with other members, and forums to discuss regulatory issues and to exchange ideas
- Access to S.C. DHEC senior leadership
- Opportunities for regulatory flexibility on identified issues
- Eligibility for awards such as the SC Energy Office special energy conservation awards
- Opportunities for other environmental activities including corporate mentoring, technology transfer assistance, and information exchanges
- Use of the SCEEP logo