Based on recommendations from the CDC and FDA, DHEC has developed tools and resources to assist manufactured food businesses with operating in response to COVID-19. Please click the link below for guidance and tools to help combat this pandemic.
DHEC regulates over 70 wholesale facilities that process and/or distribute butter, cheese, soft drinks, bottled water, frozen dessert, and packaged ice.
- Regulation 61-32 – Wholesale Bottled Water, Soft Drink, and Ice Manufacturing
- Regulation 61-36 – Manufactured Grade Dairy Products
Forms & Applications
- Application for Dairy or Manufactured Food Permit (DHEC 1752) - This application form should be completed by establishments that manufacture and/or distribute wholesale bottled water, soft drinks, packaged ice, or manufactured grade dairy products (i.e., butter, cheese, frozen dairy desserts). Once your application has been received, office personnel will be in contact to confirm receipt of your application and discuss next steps. See a completed sample application.
- Application for Ice Vending Machine Registration (DHEC 1746) - This application form should be completed by the owner of an ice vending machine intending to operate in South Carolina. See a completed sample application.
- Application to Register Out-of-State Bottled Water Importer (DHEC 4277) - This application form should be completed by any out-of-state manufacturer or distributor intending to import and distribute bottled water products into South Carolina for resale purposes. Due to specific FDA requirements for bottled water, the applicant must provide the required documentation listed on the application form, in addition to the completed application, via hard copy or email as provided at the bottom of the form. Once your application and required documentation have been received, reviewed, and approved, a final acceptance letter or email will be sent to the applicant granting permission for South Carolina distribution.
Submit a complete and signed application to DHEC by following the instructions at the bottom of the form. Applications with blank fields and/or unsigned are incomplete and cannot be accepted.
Inspection Report Samples
- Frozen Dessert Distribution Station – DHEC 1766a
- Frozen Dessert Manufacturing Firm – DHEC 1766
- Soft Drink & Water Bottling Plant – DHEC 1711
- Wholesale Commercial Ice Firm/Warehouse – DHEC 1714
- Soft Drink & Water Bottling Compliance Assistance Tool
- Wholesale Commercial Ice Compliance Assistance Tool
Bureau of Environmental Health Services
Division of Food Protection & Lead Risk Assessment
2600 Bull Street
Columbia, SC 29201