Rabies - Contact Us

Anyone bitten or scratched by a wild, stray or unvaccinated animal needs to care for the wound properly and contact their health care provider. The health care provider is required to report the incident to DHEC.

If you do not seek medical treatment for the wound, you are required to choose your county's office from the map on the EA Regional Office page to contact your county's office to report the incident by the end of the following business day.