If you are planning to open a new indoor tanning salon in South Carolina, you must first register your equipment with S.C. DHEC's Bureau of Radiological Health. You must be granted a facility registration number before you begin operating your tannning equipment.
Your facility must:
- Fill out DHEC's Tanning Equipment Registration Form (DHEC Form #0826) (pdf)
- Mail the completed form to us along with a one-time $50 registration application fee (make checks payable to S.C. DHEC).
Send the completed registration form and application fee to:
Bureau of Radiological Health
Att: Tanning Regulation
2600 Bull Street
Columbia, SC 29201
When we receive your application and $50 registration fee, we will:
- Stamp it as 'received'
- Assign your facility a registration number
- Process your $50 application fee
- Mail you a copy of the registration form along with your registration number
- Keep your registration information on file in DHEC's Bureau of Radiological Health.