DHEC Environmental Affairs Aiken Office
206 Beaufort Street, NE
Aiken, SC 29801
*Click the REGISTER button to apply for the position. Our team will reach out to schedule an appointment once your application has been received. *
This position serves as a Junior Soil Evaluator for the Bureau of Environmental Health Services Sandhills Areas. You will be performing inspections, evaluations, and investigations outdoors in support of DHEC's vision: Healthy people living in healthy communities.
- Conducts system layouts and permits suitable sites according to state regulations and policies.
- Conducts inspections of installed onsite wastewater systems to ensure compliance with state regulations.
- Investigates complaints, determines validity, and makes recommendations for corrective actions.
- Prepares reports and referrals of a professional and technical nature for enforcement activities. Recommends corrective actions for violations.
- Provides consultation to the regulated community and public on state laws, regulations, and standards.
Video below shows a day in the life of a soil evaluator.