Food Safety - How to Apply for a Food Permit

Application & Permit

To continue to provide the critical functions of state government while protecting the health and safety of our employees and the public, we have modified and streamlined our processes. Applications and fees are now being handled remotely.

To file a Retail Food Establishment application, download and complete an Application & Permit Document (DHEC 1769) and email it to your local Public Health Food Safety Office. Once your application has been received, office personnel will contact you to confirm receipt of your application and to discuss payment options for fees. Please note: We do not accept cash payments. If you have any questions, please call your local Public Health Food Safety Office for assistance. Visit Permit Central to determine if other permits are needed.

Supplemental Forms & Applications

D-1716 - Change to Existing Retail Food Establishment Permit D-1717 - Event Authorization Application

Special Process & Variance Forms

D-1842 - Request for a Construction Equipment Variance D-1845 - Request for a Special Process D-4314 - Request for an Operational Variance



Food Safety Retail Food Service