Rabies Contacts and Reporting

Anyone bitten or scratched by a wild, stray or unvaccinated animal needs to care for the wound properly and contact their health care provider. The health care provider is required to report the incident to DHEC.

If you do not seek medical treatment for the wound, you are required to contact your county office to report the incident by the end of the following business day.

General Information

  • Use the search bar to easily find your county office.
  • Select the green plus (+) button beside the region for additional office information.


Rabies Statewide