- Regulation 61-8, Immunization Requirements for School and Childcare Attendance
- Regulation 61-20, Communicable Diseases
- Regulation 61-21, Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Regulation 61-22, The Evaluation of School Employees for Tuberculosis
- Regulation 61-120, South Carolina Immunization Registry
Update on 61-22 The Evaluation of School Employees for Tuberculosis
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) announced on July 27, 2016 that it will draft an emergency regulation to suspend a new regulation that went into effect in June and changed the tuberculosis (TB) screening, evaluation and preventative treatment requirements for school employees.
This means that old regulation (61-22) will be reinstated , allowing school districts, private schools and day cares to continue operating under the old TB screening requirements for new hires and current employees.
If you have questions, please contact:
Melissa C. Overman, DO, MPH, CHES, FAOCOPM
Assistant State Epidemiologist
S.C. Dept. of Health & Environmental Control