Professional Soil Classifier (PSC) Forms

When do I need to contact a Professional Soil Classifier?

PSC Image

You need to contact a Professional Soil Classifier (PSC) when your lot has been evaluated by the Department and it will not pass for a conventional septic system. You may also contact a PSC if you are in a time crunch and need to expedite the application process. To learn more about expediting the application process, please see the expedited options. 

Where can I find a list of Professional Soil Classifiers (PSCs)?

The SC Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (SC LLR) licenses PSCs. A list of licensed PSCs can be found by visiting

Forms Used by Professional Soil Classifiers