The South Carolina AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) helps South Carolina residents get HIV medications or drugs they cannot get or otherwise afford.
ADAP is made up of three service tiers:
- Direct Dispensing Program (DDP)
- Insurance Assistance Program (IAP)
- Medicare D Assistance Program (MAP)
If you are enrolled in the DDP, you will receive your HIV medications directly through a mail-order pharmacy (PANTHERx Specialty). If you are enrolled in the MAP, you will receive your HIV medications through a pharmacy contracted with ScriptGuideRx (SGRX). If you are enrolled in the IAP, you will get treatment services through your health insurance, and the IAP will help with insurance premiums, copays and deductibles payments through a network of approved pharmacies.
- You must make a commitment to take your medicine as prescribed by your doctor
- Have HIV/AIDS
- Live in South Carolina
- Have limited income (at or below 550% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) for all service tiers)
- Not be eligible for Medicaid
- Not be eligible for Medicare Part D with Full Low Income Subsidy (FLIS)
Your case manager, nurse, or doctor can help you find out if you qualify for the S.C. ADAP DDP, IAP, or MAP services.
You Can Lose Benefits If You…
- Do not respond to S.C. ADAP letters on time
- Fail to submit all documentation at the time of recertification
- Make too much money, so that your income exceeds 550% of the FPL for all service tiers
- Do not take your medicines as prescribed
- Get Medicaid
- Get Medicare Part D with (FLIS)
- Move out of S.C., or go to prison
2023 Income Eligibility Guidelines
- Let ADAP know if you move so your medicine and forms can be mailed to the correct address.
- Respond to letters and forms sent to you by ADAP.
- DDP clients should contact ADAP if they have health insurance, to see if they qualify for IAP or MAP.
We are here to help. If you have any questions, please call S.C. ADAP, your case manager, nurse, or doctor.
- Toll-free S.C. ADAP: 1-800-856-9954
- AIDS/STD Hotline : 1-800-322-AIDS (2437)
- DDP: PANTHERx Rare Pharmacy, 1-855-726-8479
- MAP: ScriptGuideRx, 1-855-855-SGRX