Enviva Virtual Public Hearing
If you attended the Enviva Virtual Public Hearing on August 20, 2020, please consider filling out our feedback survey. Your input is greatly appreciated!
A recording of the public meeting and information provided at the meeting can be found below.
DHEC held a virtual public hearing to receive comments on the proposed Enviva Air Construction Permit on August 20, 2020 at 6:30 pm.
During the public hearing, DHEC staff provided a brief summary of the draft permit and accepted oral comments to be considered prior to making a final decision. DHEC staff does not respond to comments or answer questions during a public hearing.
Written comments may be submitted to AirPNComments@dhec.sc.gov or SC DHEC, BAQ Public Notice Coordinator, 2600 Bull Street, Columbia, SC 29201 by August 27, 2020.
Comments should provide as much details as possible about the air quality-related issues and concerns regarding this draft permit. All comments received by the end of the notice period will be considered when making a decision to approve, disapprove, or modify the draft permit. This decision will be based upon consideration of applicable regulations, the permit application, comments made at the public hearing and all other written comments received within the required time frame, and any other pertinent information. A transcript of the formal hearing will also be reviewed before a permit decision is made.
Public Notice, Draft Permit and Public Hearing
DHEC has determined that the permit application meets all technical requirements of the air quality regulations and has written a draft permit. The draft permit can be accessed from the public notice page. The draft permit has not been approved and is open for public comment through August 27, 2020. All comments will be considered before a final decision is made on the draft permit.
DHEC held a Public Meeting to discuss the draft air synthetic minor construction permit on August 20, 2020 at 6:30 pm.
- Recording of public hearing held on August 20, 2020
- Public hearing presentation
- Public hearing transcript
What to Expect After the Public Hearing
Once the public comment period closes, DHEC will review all written comments and determine if any modifications need to be made to the air construction permit. DHEC’s final permit decision and a summary response to all comments will be made available via the DHEC webpage https://www.scdhec.gov/environment/air-quality/air-quality-permitting-decisions and by email or mail to everyone on DHEC’s mailing list who requested to be notified of the final Department decision for the proposed Enviva air construction permit. If you would like to be notified of the final permit decision, please complete the registration form to be added to our mailing list.
- For technical information about the draft air permit, contact Jo Anna Cunningham at (803) 898-4123.
- For information about the virtual public hearing, contact Monica Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 898-7678.
- To report possible excess emissions or wood debris found on your personal property, contact the DHEC Regional Office in Greenwood at (864) 227-5915. DHEC follows up on every complaint by visiting the facility and investigating possible causes for excess emissions.
- To request other documents not included on this webpage, please contact the Freedom of Information Office at email@example.com or (803) 898-3882.