Lesson Plan Supports
Amazing Earth Poster - (PDF)
Compost at Home - (PDF)
Recycling's Dirty Dozen - (PDF)
Reining in Runoff - (PDF)
Grasscycle - (PDF)
Earth Day "Glad Jibs" - (PDF)
A Fish's Wish - (PDF)
Other Environmental Programs
- Environmental Education Association of South Carolina - A non-profit association with a leadership role in environmental and natural resource conservation education in South Carolina.
- Green Steps Schools - A South Carolina program that encourages schools to become more environmentally responsible and to continue their improvements.
- Green Ribbon Schools - DHEC has partnered with the US Department of Education (USDE), the South Carolina Department of Education (SCDE), and the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education (SCCHE) to recognize schools for efforts in reducing environmental impacts, improving health and wellness, and developing effective sustainability.
- Project Learning Tree - Designed for teachers and informal educators who work with students from early childhood through high school. In South Carolina, Project Learning Tree is jointly sponsored by the SC Forestry Commission, SC Forestry Association, and the SC Department of Education.
- Project WET - Provides training for formal and non-formal educators and facilitators through water education workshops, promotes water education throughout the state, and provides materials and support to all those who participate.
- Project WILD - Provides teacher training in support of wildlife-based conservation and environmental education, fostering responsible actions toward wildlife and related natural resources.
- School Gardening - this Clemson Extension-based program combines horticulture training, ongoing technical support and equipment for schools to start and sustain successful school gardens.
Champions Coordinator: Amanda Ley, firstname.lastname@example.org