Champions of the Environment is an annual grant program that awards K-12th grade students and teachers up to $2,500 to carry out environmental action and awareness projects in their schools and communities.
This year in place of grant awards, Champions is supporting educators through virtual environmental education resources, two webinars, and sponsorship towards the growth and sustainability of the Palmetto Environmental Education Certification Program.
Spring 2021 Webinar
The Pollinator Conservation webinar was held March 18, 2021 from 4:00 to 5:30 PM. Champions of the Environment partnered with the Environmental Education Association of SC (EEASC) to provide this FREE webinar. Expert speakers gave presentations on the importance of pollinators, planting for pollinators, and much more.
- Pollinator Conservation Webinar recording
- Additional Pollinator Conservation Resources
- Roper Mountain Science Center "Pollinator Garden Tips" video
Fall 2020 Webinar
The Champions of the Environment Fall webinar was held Oct. 29, 2020 from 4:00 to 5:30 PM. The Champions program collaborated with EEASC to present this webinar geared toward K-12th grade educators.
- Main Webinar recording
- Grades K-2 Breakout Room recording
- Grades 3-5 Breakout Room--recording not available
- Grades 6-8 Breakout Room recording
- Grades 9-12 Breakout Room--recording not available
Champions of the Environment Coordinator: Amanda Ley, email@example.com
Champions of the Environment is sponsored by Dominion Energy, International Paper and S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC).