The Energy Policy Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-58) and South Carolina Underground Storage Tank Control Regulations effective May 23, 2008 (R.61-92, Part 280.35) state that every UST facility is required to have a trained operator in each of 3 classes: A, B, and C. This regulation was put into effect in an attempt to prevent releases from underground storage tanks. The Division of Underground Storage Tank Management has decided to combine training for Class A and Class B Operators.
UST Online Operator Training
- If you are a current A/B operator that took their initial training prior to 2015, you will need to create a new account in the system in order to complete the required supplemental training.
- If you are creating a new account in order to take the operator training, you must use a unique email, username and password in order to get access to the training.
Third Party Class A/B Approved Courses
- Third-party approved trainers
- John Kneece - UST and C - 803-429-5271
- John Horner - Bunnell-Lammons Engineering
- Third-party approved courses