English | Español
¿Necesitas ayuda? Si tiene dificultades para entender el inglés, puede solicitar servicios de asistencia con el idioma. Comuníquese con su clínica local de WIC. Si tiene una discapacidad, puede hacer arreglos contactando a su clínica local de WIC.
What happens once I'm approved?
- You'll receive personalized nutritional counseling.
- Our professional WIC staff will assign you a food package that provides participant-specific nutritious foods (milk, cheese, cereal, fruit juice, eggs, beans, whole grains, fresh/frozen fruits and vegetables, complementary foods, and formula for infants) in quantities that meet your needs. The food package assigned to breastfeeding mothers provides the largest variety and amounts of foods.
- You'll be able to get these foods by using checks we'll give you. You can redeem the checks in WIC-approved grocery stores and Farmers' Markets.
- You will be WIC-certified for a set length of time according to the following guidelines:
- Pregnant women are certified for the length of their pregnancy and up to six weeks postpartum.
- Postpartum women are certified until six months after delivery.
- Breastfeeding women are certified as long as they are breastfeeding or until their breastfed infants' first birthday.
- Infants are certified until their first birthday.
- Children are certified for one-year periods, up until the end of the month in which they turn 5 years old.
- You'll receive nutrition education. This is an important part of the WIC program. We will offer both individual and group education sessions throughout your certification period.