Need help? If you have difficulty understanding English or have a disability, free language assistance or other aids and services are available upon request. Please contact your local WIC clinic.
What Happens Once I'm Approved?
- You'll receive personalized nutritional counseling.
- Our professional WIC staff will assign you a food package that provides participant-specific nutritious foods (milk, cheese, cereal, fruit juice, eggs, beans, whole grains, fresh/frozen fruits and vegetables, complementary foods, and formula for infants) in quantities that meet your needs. The food package assigned to breastfeeding mothers provides the largest variety and amounts of foods.
- You'll be able to get these foods by using benefits on the e-WIC card we'll give you. You can redeem the benefits in WIC-approved grocery stores.
- You will be WIC-certified for a set length of time according to the following guidelines:
- Pregnant women are certified for the length of their pregnancy and up to six weeks postpartum.
- Postpartum women are certified until six months after delivery.
- Breastfeeding women are certified as long as they are breastfeeding or until their breastfed infants' first birthday.
- Infants are certified until their first birthday.
- Children are certified for one-year periods, up until the end of the month in which they turn 5 years old.
- You'll receive nutrition education. This is an important part of the WIC program. We will offer individual, web-based and group education sessions throughout your certification period.