Division of Tobacco Prevention and Control - State Tobacco Prevention and Control Program
The mission of the Division of Tobacco Prevention and Control (DTPC) is to reduce the burden of commercial tobacco use in South Carolina through policy change and program development.
This mission is accomplished by coordinating resources, implementing programmatic efforts, and establishing collaborations that:
- Prevent initiation and reduce tobacco use among young people in South Carolina
- Educate and provide access to tobacco cessation resources to help people quit
- Eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke (including ENDS/e-cigarette aerosol)
- Change the social norms and attitudes surrounding tobacco use in South Carolina
- Eliminate tobacco-related health disparities
The Division of Tobacco Prevention and Control develops and implements structured program evaluations and conducts tobacco-specific statewide surveillance in accordance with the CDC Office on Smoking and Health Best Practices for Tobacco Prevention and Control guidance.
Trying to quit? Get free help from the SC Tobacco Quitline (800-QUIT-NOW)! Visit www.quitnowsc.org for more information.
Obtenga ayuda gratuita para dejar de fumar con el apoyo de 855-DÈJELO-YA