In February 2019, the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) along with several other agencies came together to present Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America. The plan, which aims to reduce new HIV transmissions by 75 percent by 2025 and by 90 percent by 2030, focused its Phase I efforts on seven states with a substantial number of HIV diagnoses in rural areas, along with 48 counties, Washington, D.C., and San Juan, Puerto Rico. These jurisdictions, which include the state of South Carolina, accounted for more than 50 percent of new HIV diagnoses in 2016 and 2017.
(A full list of funded states, counties, and territories can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/endhiv/docs/Ending-HIV-geographic-focus-508.pdf).
The State of South Carolina met the CDC Phase I criteria because (1) 10 percent or more of the new diagnoses in 2016 and 2017 were in rural locations, those with populations below 50,000, (2) 75 or more new diagnoses occurred in 2016 and 2017, and (3) the state did not have a priority county.
The Federal Department of Health and Human Services funds communities to design and implement local program to address the plan's four “pillars”:
Diagnose – Diagnose all people with HIV as early as possible.
Prevent – Prevent new HIV Transmissions by using proven interventions, including pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and syringe service programs (SSPs).
Treat – Treat the infection rapidly and effectively to achieve sustained viral suppression.
Respond – Respond quickly to potential HIV outbreaks to get needed prevention and treatments services to people who need them.
For more HIV data from Phase I jurisdictions visit the AHEAD (America’s HIV Epidemic Dashboard) at ahead.hiv.gov.
Technical Support for Ending the HIV Epidemic (EHE) Service Providers
Additional Subrecipient Guidance and Form
- Subaward Invoices and Supporting Documentation Guidance (PDF) (March 2020)
- Overview of State of SC/DHEC Travel Reimbursement Policies for Vendors and Subrecipients (pdf) (March 2021) (attached)
- Procurement Guidelines for Subrecipients (pdf) (March 2020)
DHEC Subrecipient Forms (required by EHE, RW, and HOPWA Programs)
- DHEC 103 for Subrecipients - Monthly Travel Expense Report (March 2020)
- DHEC 130 for Subrecipients - Approval for Meetings that Include Meals and/or Facility Rentals (March 2020)
- DHEC 354 for Subrecipients - Attendance Sheet (March 2020)
- MMO - 138 - Justification for Conference Site Selection (posted March 2020)
- Subrecipient Form 104 - Out of State Travel Prior Approval Request (March 2020)
- Subrecipient Form 0178 - Travel Log (March 2020)
- Gift Card Prior Approval Template (December 2020)
Ryan White Part B Ending the HIV Epidemic Request for Applications
- RFGA - Ryan White Part B Ending the HIV Epidemic