DHEC maintains response capabilities for incidents involving radiological materials and fixed nuclear facilities in South Carolina.
We monitor and respond to situations at nuclear power plants, transportation incidents involving radiological materials, orphaned radiological sources, and other types of radiological events.
Questions? Contact us by phone at: 1-844-RAD-RESP (1-844-723-7377).
- Need a Radiation Speaker?
- Potassium Iodide
- Radiation Exposure Levels (pdf)
- S.C. Nuclear Power Plants
- FAQ: Radiation and Nuclear Topics
- Report It!
- South Carolina Emergency Management Division
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Center for Disease Control Radiation Emergency FAQs
- Federal Emergency Management Agency Nuclear Power Plant Information
- United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission Emergency Preparedness & Response