Need help? If you have difficulty understanding English or have a disability, free language assistance or other aids and services are available upon request. Please contact your local WIC clinic.
The WIC Mobile App
You can access your WIC benefits with the WIC mobile app. By using the South Carolina WIC mobile app, you will be able to:
- VIEW details on upcoming appointments
- LOCATE clinic information and other clinics around you
- FIND locations to shop
- REVIEW remaining benefits and other benefit information
- SCAN a UPC while shopping to see if the item is WIC Approved
- RECEIVE notifications for upcoming appointments and expiring benefits
- ACCESS additional WIC resources and eWIC information
- SUBMIT a UPC to the State for consideration as a WIC approved food
Welcome to eWIC!
Your eWIC card is like a debit or credit card. You can use your eWIC card to buy WIC-approved foods at authorized stores. Your local WIC office will add your family's benefits to your eWIC account.
Benefits of eWIC for the WIC Customer
- Only one card per family
- No more keeping track of paper vouchers
- Automatic benefit updates
- Participants can purchase items over multiple visits each month
- More secure; eWIC card is PIN protected
- Ease at checkout; WIC approved items are pre-loaded into the store's system and will be taken off of your card automatically
- No need to separate transactions of WIC approved foods and your other purchases
- Mobile app available to track your used and remaining benefits
Frequently Asked Questions
eWIC means a more convenient shopping experience. eWIC shoppers can expect:
- fewer chances of misplacing and/or losing checks
- the ability to purchase items over multiple visits each month
- ease at checkout
- Choose WIC foods using your WIC shopping list, benefit balance, and Food Guide
- Pick a checkout lane that accepts WIC (if applicable)
- Tell the cashier you are using an eWIC card
- Place your WIC items first, ahead of other foods
- Swipe your eWIC card and enter your 4-digit PIN
- Use another form of payment for non-WIC items
- Keep the store receipt and eWIC card for your next WIC shopping trip
The steps may vary from store to store.
At your WIC appointment, WIC staff will add your benefits to your family's eWIC account. You will get a list of your family's WIC benefits for the next three months. The list will have start and end dates for your benefits.