It's here! Your eWIC card is like a debit or credit card. You can use your eWIC card to buy WIC-approved foods at authorized stores. Your local WIC office will add your family's benefits to your eWIC account.
Benefits of eWIC for the WIC Customer
- Only one card per family
- No more keeping track of paper vouchers
- Automatic benefit updates
- Participants can purchase items over multiple visits each month
- More secure; eWIC card is PIN protected
- Ease at checkout; WIC approved items are pre-loaded into the store's system and will be taken off of your card automatically
- No need to separate transactions of WIC approved foods and your other purchases
- Mobile app available to track your used and remaining benefits
How Does eWIC Help WIC Families?
eWIC means a more convenient shopping experience. eWIC shoppers can expect:
- fewer chances of misplacing and/or losing checks
- the ability to purchase items over multiple visits each month
- ease at checkout
How Will I Use my eWIC Card When I Shop?
- Choose WIC foods using your WIC shopping list, benefit balance, and Food Guide
- Pick a checkout lane that accepts WIC (if applicable)
- Tell the cashier you are using an eWIC card
- Place your WIC items first, ahead of other foods
- Swipe your eWIC card and enter your 4-digit PIN
- Use another form of payment for non-WIC items
- Keep the store receipt and eWIC card for your next WIC shopping trip
The steps may vary from store to store.
How Do I Get WIC Benefits on My WIC Account?
At your WIC appointment, WIC staff will add your benefits to your family's eWIC account. You will get a list of your family's WIC benefits for the next three months. The list will have start and end dates for your benefits.
Can I Turn In My Paper Checks for an eWIC Card?
At your first WIC appointment following the eWIC rollout in your region, you will be given an eWIC card. At that time, you should turn in any remaining paper checks. You will not be able to turn in your paper checks before that.
Who Should I Contact if I Have trouble With My eWIC Card?
- Talk to your local WIC agency staff
- Visit your store's customer service desk
- Call eWIC card customer service at 1-855-279-0679
- Visit www.WICconnect.com
What if I Have More Questions About eWIC?
- Talk to your WIC local agency
- Check out the SC eWIC card guide brochure, available in:
Commonly Used Terms
The eWIC card will replace the paper benefits. It will be issued in the clinic and contain the household's benefits ( e.g. the quantity of milk will reflect the total for each individual participant in the household). The eWIC card is used for payment at the grocery store.
PIN (Personal Identification Number):
Participants must select a PIN when provided a WIC card before the card can be used. At the grocery store, participants must enter their PIN using a keypad, after swiping their WIC card. Anyone who knows the PIN is able to use the WIC card.