Protect Yourself Stay Safe
- Have sex with only one uninfected partner who has sex only with you.
- Use a condom with a water based lubricant during sex.
- Talk to your partner about past sex partners and needle drug use.
- Look closely at your partner for signs of a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD).
- Not having sex is the best way to protect yourself from STDs.
The next move is YOURS! Only you can prevent STDs!
- Seek medical care if you have any symptoms of an STD.
- Get regular medical checkups to test for STDs.
- Get vaccinated for certain types of STDs.
If You Have an STD
- Wait to have sex until you finish your treatment. Ask your doctor how long you must wait before you can have sex.
- Tell your sex partner(s) about your STD.
- Be sure your partner is treated, too
We are here to help. If you have any questions, please give us a call.