Water treatment plants are classified based on system size and type as defined by R. 44-55 State Safe Drinking Water Act.
- Type C - Community Water System
A public water system which serves at least 15 service connections used by year-round residents or regularly serves at least 25 year-round residents. This may include, but is not limited to, subdivisions, municipalities, mobile home parks, and apartments. Sanitary surveys are performed annually.
- Type P or NTNC - Non-transient Non-community Water System
A public water system that is not a community water system and that regularly serves at least 25 of the same persons over six months per year. Sanitary surveys are performed every two years.
- Type N or TNC - Transient Non-community Water System
A non-community water system that does not regularly serve at least 25 of the same persons over six months a year. Sanitary surveys are performed every three years.
- Type S or NP - State Water System
Any water system that serves less than 15 service connections or regularly serves an average of less than 25 individuals daily. Sanitary surveys are performed every five years.
- Richard Welch, Jr. P.E., Manager, Drinking Water & Recreational Waters Compliance, (803) 898-3546
- Wendi Smith, Program Manager, Drinking Water Compliance Monitoring Section, (803) 898-2382