Best Chance Network (BCN)
South Carolina's Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
Who We Are?
- Breast and cervical cancer screening at no cost for South Carolina women who qualify.
- Covered services include but are not limited to —
- Clinical breast examinations.
- Pap tests.
- Pelvic examinations.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) tests.
- Diagnostic testing if results are abnormal.
- Referrals to treatment
Who May Qualify for Free Cancer Screenings?
- Women who live in South Carolina
- 21 to 64-years old (cervical cancer screening)
- 30 – 64 years old (breast cancer screenings)
- Women younger than 40 who may have breast or cervical cancer symptoms may be screened if funding available
- Women with high family risk of breast or cervical cancer may be screened if funding available
- No health insurance or are underinsured (minimal insurance)
- Deductibles (out of pocket expenses) of $1,000 or higher
- Insurance that does not cover diagnostic services
- Meet income eligibility guidelines (see below)
What Services Does BCN Provide?
- Screening services:
- Office visit
- Clinical breast exam
- Pelvic exam
- Pap test / Human papillomavirus (HPV) test
- Office visit
- Diagnostic testing for women with abnormal screening results (e.g ultrasound, MRIs)
- Follow-up guidance and support services
- Community education on breast and cervical cancer
Are you Eligible for BCN Services?
If you or someone you know may qualify for BCN services , please call the Division of Cancer Prevention Hotline (BCN) at 1-800-450-4611.
To become a BCN Provider or to find out about a provider near you call the Division of Cancer Prevention Hotline (BCN) at 1-800-450-4611.
To speak to the program manager or staff about guidelines or issues with the Best Chance Network: Contact the Division of Cancer Prevention and Control Program at 1-800-450-4611.