Cancer is a group of diseases caused by many factors including smoking, poor diet, and/or family history. As you get older, the risk of cancer increases.
The four most common cancers in South Carolina are cancers of the lung, breast (female), prostate,
Resources are available to help you learn more about the various types of cancer, screenings, and programs.
Leading Cancers in South Carolina
Free Breast and Cervical Screening Services
- Best Chance Network Program | Women May Qualify for Free Cancer Screenings
Cancer Resources, Coalition and Committees
- Other Sources of Information
- Want to Quit Smoking?
- South Carolina Cancer Alliance (coalition)
- South Carolina Cancer Control Advisory Committee
- South Carolina Central Cancer Registry
- South Carolina Cancer Plan 2017-2021
Cancer Resources for Health Care Professionals