Smoking and COVID-19
Smoking tobacco may increase the risk of serious complications from novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Now is a good time to quit for keeps. Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW or enroll online for free help.
About the S.C. Tobacco Quitline: Information for Healthcare Providers
Materials to help people quit
We provide free materials to help you promote the S.C. Tobacco Quitline.
To order hard copies, complete the Quitline materials order form (pdf) . Fax the form to (803) 898-3476 and we'll mail the materials to you.
Samples of materials:
- Quit for Keeps poster (pdf)
- Quit for Keeps info card, English/Spanish (pdf)
- Quit for Keeps mock prescription pad, English/Spanish (pdf)
Tools for health care providers
Using fax referral system:
To help patients quit:
- CME Online Training (pdf)
- SC 2As+R Brief Tobacco Intervention Training
- Clinical Practice Guideline website (AHRQ)
- Clinician Guide (pdf) (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
To help pregnant smokers quit:
Medicaid Tobacco Cessation Coverage:
Medicare Coverage for Smoking Cessation and Tobacco Use Cessation Counseling: