The mission of the Division of Tobacco Prevention and Control (DTPC) is to reduce the burden of commercial tobacco use in South Carolina through policy change and program development.
This mission is accomplished by coordinating resources, implementing programmatic efforts, and establishing collaborations that:
- Prevent initiation and reduce commercial tobacco use among young people in South Carolina
- Educate and provide access to tobacco cessation resources to help people quit
- Eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke and vaping aerosol
- Change the social norms and attitudes surrounding commercial tobacco use in South Carolina
- Eliminate commercial tobacco-related health disparities
The Division of Tobacco Prevention and Control develops and implements structured program evaluations and conducts tobacco-specific statewide surveillance in accordance with the CDC Office on Smoking and Health Best Practices for Tobacco Prevention and Control guidance.
Need Help to Quit Smoking?