Note: All applicants must provide a photocopy or show a valid government, school or employer issued photo identification. Applications without proper identification will be rejected and not processed.
Commonly Used Forms
- Certified Copy of a Death Certificate (pdf)
- Certified Copy of a Birth Certificate (pdf)
- Certified Copy of a Marriage Certificate or Divorce Report (pdf)
- South Carolina Certificate of Death Non-Funeral Home Worksheet (pdf)
- Solicitud de la partida el certificado de defuncióne (pdf)
- Solicitud de la partida de nacimiento (pdf)
- Solicitud para el certificado de matrimonio/divorcio (pdf)
Adoptee & Biological Parent Forms
Effective July 1, 2019, Section 44-63-140 of the South Carolina Code was amended to allow adult adoptees, age 18 or older, who were born in South Carolina, to obtain a copy of the adoptee’s original birth certificate, and any evidence of the adoption held with the original birth record, if the biological parent has completed the necessary forms consenting to the release of the certificate. A biological parent may also indicate their contact preference and consent to release medical history information.
This law applies to adoptions finalized after July 1, 2019.
- Vital Records Non-Certified Pre-Adoptive Birth Application (pdf)
- Biological Parent's Consent and Contact Preference Form (pdf)
- Biological Parent's Medical History Form (pdf)
- Biological Parent's Request to Add ConsentContact Preference (pdf)
For more information, contact Constituent Services.